Sunday, March 7, 2010

“Vajazzling”—The New Spa Day?


So, the other night one of my best girl friends posted a link to this video on my Facebook wall, namely, Bryce Gruber (pictured at left) of The Luxury Spot getting “vajazzled”—Yea, wtf!? In typical her fashion, beneath the link she added a teasing, God forbid, foreboding (for all of womankind!) comment, “innappropriate? maybe... but if *insert girl's name here* and I aren't careful, this could be next for us!!!!!!”

For someone that can get persuaded into purchasing a $40.00, straight up bedazzled, bling-bling, cell phone cover, on the virtue of its sheer “protective” value (which we still make fun of her for), could a matching “vajazzled” vajayjay be the next step!?  If the above picture and below video aren't evidence enough, I have to admit, even for my infomercial-loving friend who got talked into a $60.00 spa package deal before I could get to Baja Fresh in time for lunch last Thursday, yes, this is a bit, okay a lot, much!

Shockingly, “vajazzling” (I’m not sure this is supposed to be quotes, but I think it should be so I’m going to add them) has been around for quite some time.  However, it was a heartbroken Jennifer Love Hewitt who really set off this “trend.”  Sorry, again with the quotes, but the possibility that this could seriously be a trend scares me.

Appearing on “Lopez Tonight” back in January, Hewitt talks openly about her hot pink, vajazzled vajayjay, telling George how, “after a break up, a friend of [her’s] Swarovski crystalled [her] precious lady” and “it shined like a disco ball.”  What???  Did I miss something or did she forget she was on national television?  Evidently, it really helped her get through a hard break up but, c’mon, aren’t there more traditional methods a girl can still resort to, like “two buck chuck” wine nights with the girls and a pint of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream?



Against my better judgment, I might just have to head over to Barnes and Nobles today and figure out what this whole “vajazzling” epidemic is really all about.  Apparently Love Hewitt dedicates a whole chapter to it in her new dating book, The Day I Shot Cupid.  Honestly, I’m not sure whether to laugh or cry.

What do you think ladies, would you ever get “vajazzled”?  Guys, what’s your take?  

For all you bedazzle loving New Yorkers, check out Completely Bare Spa.  With locations Uptown, Downtown and on Bowery, not to mention in Scarsdale, NY, should the need ever arise to transform your vagina into a disco ball, there’s no excuse for not getting to the spa in time.  All my fellow LA girls, don't fret, I’m still on the hunt for a spa for you.  If anyone knows of one or has gotten swarovski crystalled out here, help a sister out!

As for me, I think it’s safe to say I will not be blinging out my private parts anytime soon.  But, hey, never say never!

No comments:

Post a Comment